Unleash the power of diverse international teams to help you tackle your most difficult challenge — growth through innovation!
WHAT IS THE INNOVATION OLYMPICS PROGRAM?
The first truly global innovation competition that features:
- 3-4 teams per challenge competing with each other to produce the best business concept for your company
- Teams sourced from leading graduate schools
- Experienced professional coaches drive accelerated results
The program is a good opportunity for the companies to get a fresh perspective on the problems at hand. Overall, I was impressed with the ideas generated by the diverse team. The presentations and content improved from the beginning to the end. It was impressive how well these teams grasped a new industry and our company challenge. Fresh Ideas — Challenging Ideas. — DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY, JOHNSON CONTROLS
WHY SHOULD YOUR ORGANIZATION PARTICIPATE?
- HIGH IMPACT RESULTS: Create a diverse portfolio of bankable new growth ideas for your company around existing and new offerings, channels, markets, and business models!
- LOW BURDEN: Utilize professionally coached, self-directed teams to build and test ideas — presenting their results at 3-5 meetings fitting your timing.
- RAPID TURNAROUND: Quickly iterate a wide range of ideas, concepts, and business cases using cutting edge “Lean Innovation” development and simulation tools.
- A PROVEN APPROACH: Develop growth platforms and breakthrough business concepts with approaches derived from our work as innovation practice leaders at Arthur D. Little, the Monitor Group and the IXL Center, all backed up by Global Innovation Management Institute certifications.
- ENHANCE INDUSTRY CAPABILITY: Build strong internal innovation competencies and confidence through the use of online action learning tools
Five Key Elements
1. Best Companies, Hardest Challenges
Senior leaders from world-class organizations drive high performance results by:
- Defining an exciting and difficult challenge they are currently facing with stretch targets
- Demanding world-class results from teams and provide constructive feedback
- Setting guidelines for degree of stretch, current realities
2. Diverse and Well-Prepared Global Teams
Each company receives 3-5 well prepared teams of 3-6 diverse participants including:
- Mid-career graduate students and innovation trained IXL members
- All participants and interns trained in disciplined innovation tools
- Participants from different job functions, multiple industries, countries, and cultures
3. Battle-tested Lean Innovation Process
Over 6-8 weeks, the teams leverage a battle-tested process, software enabled tools, and robust exercises to drive the generation of:
- Hundreds of insights and idea fragments
- 25 well developed concepts
- 5-10 tested and validated business cases and plans
4. Experienced Business Innovation Coaches
Experienced mentors/coaches* provide expert guidance and program management by:
- Enabling clients to focus on evaluating ideas and business concepts instead of program management
- Managing and guiding the diverse teams and act as the primary interface between teams and clients
- Providing tools, training, and coaching to build more lasting innovation capability and leadership skills
* Previous mentors include consultants, partners and senior executives.
5. Collaborating & Competing To Win
Collaboration and competition moves teams from common understanding to unique solutions for your organization as they:
- Collaborate and rapidly crowdsource insights and idea fragments
- Leverage the diversity of their teams and networks through rapid simulation and testing of alternatives
- Compete with increasing intensity to generate the best recommendations
EXAMPLES OF PREVIOUS INNOVATION OLYMPIC CHALLENGES
- Helping VP OF NEW BUSINESS OF VERIZON to identify multi-billion dollar growth opportunities at the intersection of telecommunications and other industries.
- Working with the PRESIDENT OF SHERWIN-WILLIAM’s $2 billion Global Finishes Group to develop new coating concepts that could be possible and profitable for emerging markets over the next five years.
- Helping the DEPUTY COO OF EMIRATES NBD, a Middle-Eastern banking giant, develop futuristic and innovative solutions beyond credit cards.
- Working with the DIRECTOR OF INNOVATION & NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OF NATURA, a Brazilian cosmetics leader, on the future of online cosmetics.
- Helping the innovation and NEW BUSINESS TEAMS AT CLOROX build stronger value propositions and business cases around ideas that had been submitted but not fully developed
- Working with a member of the BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF ONE LAPTOP PER CHILD to identify new scale up implementation business models to make OLPC a sustainable organization in the face of intense competition.
Few testimonials of our amazing clients that we have worked with in the past.